Sunday, March 31, 2013

Anime Review: Loveless

I am fairly new to this anime but I was excited because it was short and I'm a fan of cat boys. xD This anime is so close to being "wrong" it's ridiculous. In this world children don't become adults until they have sex and their ears fall off. So there are tons of young adults and teens alike who are still virgins running around with cat ears and tails. The main character is a 15 year old named Ritsuka and he has lost his brother to a group called Seven Moons. You never figure out why exactly his brother was killed but you get a general idea (for which I will let you figure out for yourself). The first episode we are introduced to Soubi, Ritsuka's brother's friend who has randomally appeared to proclaim his love to Ritsuka (yes the man is basically being a pedophile O.o;  don't ask, I said this anime was weird). Ritsuka's brother's name is Seimei and he died before he lost his ears. We find out later that Soubi was Seimei's fighter. And he came back to protect Ritsuka.

The general idea of this anime is the wars using magic and two people: Sacrifice and Fighter. Ritsuka is a Sacrifice and Soubi is a fighter. You get the idea that the fighters are typically controlled by the sacrifice. Either way the missed hurt/comfort between Soubi and Ritsuka is so painful. lol. My friend says the Manga has more to it, I hope so. I am reading that now as I write this.

There is a lot of boy kissing on this anime but that's it as far as Shounen Ai is concerned. The Animation is great and stays the same throughout all the episodes. I love Ritsuka's voice and Soubi's is a nice match.

Over All I give this anime a 10 (out of 10).


No comments: